Mrs. Texas United America 2014

Mrs. Texas United America 2014
Crystal White, Mrs. Texas United America 2014

Monday, December 22, 2014

Plano Haggard Library Princess Party

       I know I love the luxury that electronics and technology offer...BUT there is nothing like reading a book the old fashioned way. There is something about picking out a real book and holding it while I flip the pages....just not the same for some reason on my Kindle.  So, having said that, I LOVE sharing my love for reading, stories, and imagination with children.  That is why I was thrilled at the invitation to the Plano Haggard Library Princess Party I received from my friend Angelica Jasmine Bates, Miss Texas Teen Princess America 2014. There were so many little girls and boys who dressed up like Princes and Princess and were ready to hear Angelica's story.  The special thing about it is that Angelica performs the stories to the children in American Sign Language and even teaches them words and has them repeat it. It was a very fun thing to watch the kids in an interactive fun way to learn.  It was great exposure for the kids and  I really enjoyed meeting so many new people while promoting the Plano Haggard Library Programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment